Zando will, at all times, keep your Personal Information confidential and will only process information that is required to enable us to perform our obligations and provide you with the best possible service! We take our customers privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable and required steps to protect your Personal Information. We will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
For the purpose of these clauses, "Personal Information" shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
1. Processing of Personal Information
- Zando undertakes not to sell, share or trade any personal information collected online. Personal
Information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and service providers
where required to perform a service to customers or improve your online experience.
- It should be made clear that you have no legal obligation to provide us with any Personal Information
and the submission of such information is entirely subject to your sole discretion and consent. However,
if you will not provide us with the required information we may not be able to provide you with the
information/services requested by you
- If you sign up for Zando’s newsletters or marketing mailers, you expressly consent to Zando sending you
marketing communications. You may unsubscribe to these marketing communications at any time by clicking
on the link within the electronic marketing material or by contacting customer service or the
- After placing an order Zando will send you transactional emails for the purpose of tracking your order
and keeping you informed. When placing an order you consent to Zando contacting you for purposes
relating to the order and performance of the purchase agreement. Transactional emails are not considered
marketing communications and/or direct marketing.
- Take note that Zando sometimes partners with other companies and institutions (third parties) for
promotions, campaigns and competitions. If you are subscribed to the third party database and consented
to them sending you marketing material you may receive marketing material from the third party relating
to Zando even if you have unsubscribed to Zando’s marketing material. Should a third party contact you
with Zando marketing material without your consent, kindly report this to Zando (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order for us to investigate.
- Any complaints regarding the processing of Personal Information may be sent to our Information Officer (email@example.com) and will be addressed as a matter of
2. Collection of Personal Information
- 2.1 When you create an account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Name and Surname
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- ID number / passport number; and
- If a refund is required we may request your bank account details in order to make payment.
- 2.2 When you visit our Website, we, alternatively our service providers may collect:
- Your shopping device
- Your IP address
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Your Domain server
- Amount of time spent on pages
- What pages or sections you visit on our Website
- The number of clicks and where you click on our Website
- Your search terms on our Website
- Other statistical data relating to our offering to you.
3. How we use your Personal Information
- 3.1 The Personal Information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- To identify you and personalise our messaging to you;
- To deliver the products you have purchased from Zando;
- To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
- To create an account for you, where your details are kept (including order history);
- To provide you with current and new product information (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
- To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us and our partners (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
- To track your location in order to offer you regionally specific deals, if you have allowed Zando access to your device’s location.
- to improve and optimise your experience on our Site by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and click patterns. This helps us improve our Website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
- 3.2 Our third-party service providers may use information about your visits to our Website, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices. It’s important to remember that we don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of these service providers before using our Website including but not limited to: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and http://www.salesforce.com/in/company/privacy/ and https://www.dynamicyield.com/platform-privacy-policy/.
- 3.3 When you register as a user/customer on our Website, we will also use your Personal Information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time if you opt in to receive this material. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material, by contacting customer service or by contacting the Information Officer.
4. Updating Your Personal Information
- 4.1Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information or You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on our Website.
- 4.2Deleting our Mobile App on your device/s, will not delete your personal information, you must also delete your account
5. Security of Your Personal Information
- ZANDO ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
- ZANDO uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial
details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is in
line with the industry standard. ZANDO’S registration documents and the Site's registered domain name
are checked and verified by DigiCert.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information and processing your refunds and store credits
- 6.1 We will not share your information with any third parties other than:
- Employees and/or third party service providers (including our couriers and payment service providers) directly related to assisting you with the use of the Website, delivery of the products you have purchased from the Website and processing your refunds and store credits.
- To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Product you have purchased which requires their involvement.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us, but who are located internationally.
- Zando may transfer data trans-border in order to store data with third party cloud storage providers
- 6.2 In exceptional circumstances we may be required to disclose Personal Information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
- 6.3 We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality, data sharing agreements and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
- 6.4 You have the right to request the identity of all third parties who have access to your personal information.
- 6.5 ZANDO is committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 and its principles.
- 6.6 If you believe that your privacy has been breached by ZANDO please contact our Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
8. Your Legal Rights in terms of POPIA:
- 8.1Objection to the processing of personal information:
- If you wish to object to the processing of your personal information, must submit the objection to Zando.
- Zando shall render such reasonable assistance as is necessary, free of charge, to enable you to make an objection. Please request Form 1 from our Information Officer at email@example.com
- 8.2Request a correction or deletion of personal information or destruction or deletion of record of personal information:
- If you wish to request a correction or deletion of personal information or the destruction or deletion of a record of personal information, you must submit a request to Zando.
- Zando shall render such reasonable assistance as is necessary, free of charge, to enable you to make an objection. Please request Form 2 from our Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions or complaints about the processing of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.